ACT Blade Ltd was founded in November 2015 following the completion of a feasibility study conducted in collaboration with DNV-GL and Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult. This study demonstrated the ACT Blade is not only technically viable, but it can also offer significant LCOE savings. ACT Blade Ltd develops and commercialises the ACT Blade technology, a game-changing lightweight wind turbine blade. At this stage, the company is developing its first product based on its patented technology.
– Developing CAD drawings of composite products: tools and equipment needed for manufacturing and for testing products using the 3-D drawing package and drawings of composite designs for production and for illustration using the 2-D drawing package.
– Elaborating blade designs and making change proposals if necessary regarding designs of composite products for various applications
– Creating manuals, instructions (including writing work instructions), parts lists and adequate documentation in terms of materials and processes
– If necessary, coordination of tasks of external CAD draftsmen
– Contributes to projects: requests cost prices, performs part of the planning,
– Checks supplied information from external for correctness and quality.
– Responsible for the proper and timely performance of the duties specified in the job description.
– Proper administration of drawings and revisions.
– Responsible for complying with and implementing ACT Blade regulations related to quality requirements in own work area.
– Project execution.
– Drawing and file execution and administrative numbering system
– Design and process reviews where needed.
Education and Experience:
– Bachelor level, towards mechanical engineering or aerospace engineering (or similar).
– Good knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD design and programs (including Solid Works, Rhino, Autocad)
– Knowledge of plastics and/or composites
– Knowledge of aerodynamics is an advantage
– Good knowledge of MS-Office and the 3D drawing package.
– Good communication skills
– Language skills: Written and Oral English required.
Place in the organization: – Reports to Lead Structural Engineer
Salary dependents on experience, permanent job, based in Edinburgh.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org