ACT Blade Ltd develops and commercialises the ACT Blade technology, a game-changing lightweight wind turbine blade. At this stage, the company is developing its first product based on its patented technology.
ACT Blade is looking for a Wind Turbine Blade Aerodynamic Engineer. As part of the R&D team this role will be to develop the aerodynamic design for ACT Blade, supporting the structural design team, and developing novel solutions for the new technology. Utilising commercial CFD tools and custom developments to assess the aerodynamic performance of the ACT Blade. Developing and executing wind tunnel test campaigns, to both understand performance and validate simulation models. The Fluid Structure Interaction nature of the ACT Blade technology brings an added dimension to this work.
The candidate must have good attitude to carry out challenging tasks and be flexible with good communication skills and an entrepreneurial mentality.
As part of the ACT Blade R&D team, the Wind Turbine Blade Aerodynamic Engineer will be responsible for:
- Aerofoil selection and development.
- Planform design.
- Development of the tools required to support the design and evaluation of aerofoils.
- Planning and executing validation programs as required utilising Wind Tunnel testing and other test methods.
- Interact with the structural design team.
- Actively contributing to product development by participating in design and review meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a 5-years university or MSc equivalent in Mechanical/ Aerospace/ Material Engineering.
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in an engineering role.
- Experience using aerodynamic analysis tools, such as XFoil, RFoil and CFD tools.
- Knowledge of scientific programming using tools such as Matlab/SciLab or Python.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems.
- Must be fluent in English and able to write reports.
- Ability to integrate in a dynamically evolving team.
- Experience of Fluid Structure Interaction problems
- Good working knowledge of structural design practices
- Experience of seeing projects through from concept design to commercial production.
To apply, please send an introduction letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Southern Italy or UK
Job Type: Full-time