ACT Blade Ltd develops and commercialises the ACT Blade technology, a game-changing lightweight wind turbine blade. We have reached the stage where our patented technology is ready deliver blades to the market and value to our customers.
This is a great opportunity to join our team and set new standards in Blade Manufacturing where ease of manufacture is at the heart of our company strategy. Working closely with a global energy supplier, we are developing a 50m blade for their re-powering market and are growing our teams in UK and Italy to deliver this game-changing product that will transform the way blades are manufactured.
We are expanding our digitalisation approach to run across the full value chain through design, procurement, manufacturing, logistics, installation, and service. Together with our component-based manufacturing approach, we can take ideas to market in a much-reduced product development time and support our ambition to slash product ramp-up times
ACT Blade is looking for a Wind Turbine Loads Engineer, with proven experience in load analysis, blade testing and certification. It would be preferred if the candidate will have experience in lightweight flexible structures and fluid-structural interaction problems and the blade certification process.
The candidate must have good attitude to carry out challenging tasks and be flexible with good communication skills and an entrepreneurial mentality.
As part of the ACT Blade R&D team, the Wind Turbine Loads Engineer will be responsible for:
- Carry out blade load analysis using internal and commercial software packages.
- Contribute to the ACT Blade certification process according to IEC 61400-5
- Define and maintain testing documentation, including post-processing and data analysis as required for certification.
- Actively contributing to product development by participating in design and review meetings.
- Supervise the technical construction and experimental tests of prototypes.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, suppliers, and partners.
- Report progress to Executive Team.
- Technical Risk management.
- Contribute to the Product Life Cycle development and management.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a 5-years university or MSc equivalent in Mechanical/ Aerospace/ Material Engineering.
- A minimum of five years as wind turbine blade engineer with proven experience in the design and certification of wind turbines blades including prototyping, testing and certification.
- Experience with the analysis of blade materials and composite structures using commercial software.
- Experience with wind turbine areo-elastic modelling, using software such as Bladed or FLEX.
- Excellent understanding of aerodynamic and structural design principles and practices.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a dynamically evolving team
- Must be fluent in English and able to write reports.
- Composite structure design for light and flexible structures
- Aero-structure interaction
- Some experience in a programming language preferrable
To apply, please send an introduction letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location Southern Italy or UK
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Based on experience