ACT Blade Ltd develops and commercialises the ACT Blade technology, a game-changing lightweight wind turbine blade. The company has recently set their first blades on a testing turbine. At this stage, the company is developing its first product based on its patented technology.
ACT Blade is now developing their first commercial product and is looking for a Wind Turbine Blade Engineer, with proven experience in load analysis, blade testing and certification. It would be preferred if the candidate will have experience in lightweight flexible structures and fluid-structural interaction problems, blade certification process.
The candidate must have good attitude to carry out challenging tasks and be flexible with good communication skills and an entrepreneurial mentality.
As part of the ACT Blade R&D team, the Wind Turbine Blade Engineer will be responsible for:
- Carry out blade load analysis using internal and commercial software packages.
- Contribute to the ACT Blade certification process according to IEC 61400-5
- Define and maintain testing documentation, including post-processing and data analysis as required for certification.
- Actively contributing to product development by participating in design and review meetings.
- Supervise the technical construction and experimental tests of prototypes.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, suppliers, and partners.
- Report progress to Executive Team.
- Technical Risk management.
- Contribute to the Product Life Cycle development and management.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a 5-years university or MSc equivalent in Mechanical/ Aerospace/ Material Engineering.
- A minimum of five years as wind turbine blade engineer with proven experience in the design and certification of wind turbines blades including prototyping, testing and certification.
- Experience with the analysis of blade materials and composite structures using commercial software.
- Experience with wind turbine areo-elastic modelling, using software such as Bladed or FLEX.
- Excellent understanding of aerodynamic and structural design principles and practices.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a dynamically evolving team
- Must be fluent in English and able to write reports.
- Composite structure design for light and flexible structures
- Aero-structure interaction
- Some experience in a programming language preferrable
To apply, please send an introduction letter and your CV to email@example.com
Location Southern Italy or UK
Job Type: Full-time