ACT Blade Ltd develops and commercialises the ACT Blade technology, a game-changing lightweight wind turbine blade. At this stage, the company is developing its first product based on its patented technology.
Job Type: Full-time
ACT Blade is looking for a Wind Turbine Blade Engineer, with proven experience in design and manufacturing of wind turbines blades from concept design to production through detailed design, prototyping, testing and certification. It would be preferred if the candidate will have experience in light-weight flexible structures and fluid-structural interaction problems, blade certification process, manufacturing optimisation and cost-cutting.
The candidate must have good attitude to carry out challenging tasks and be flexible with good communication skills and an entrepreneurial mentality.
As part of the ACT Blade R&D team, the Wind Turbine Blade Engineer will be responsible for:
- Carry out aerodynamic and structural design using advanced internal and commercial software packages.
- Manage the ACT Blade certification process.
- Define and maintain design and testing documentation, including post-processing and data analysis as required for certification.
- Propose innovative solutions, identifying, creating, and filing ideas pertaining to products and processes.
- Actively contributing to product development by participating in design and review meetings.
- Supervise the technical construction and experimental tests of prototypes.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, suppliers, and partners.
- Report progress to Executive Team.
- Technical Risk management.
- Contribute to the Product Life Cycle development and management.
- Help to define and maintain design standard and communication standards both internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a 5-years university or MSc equivalent in Mechanical/ Aerospace/ Material Engineering.
- A minimum of five years as wind turbine blade engineer with proven experience in the design and certification of wind turbines blades including prototyping, testing and certification.
- Experience with the analysis of composite materials and composite structures using commercial software.
- Experience with wind turbine areo-elastic modelling, using software such as Bladed or FLEX.
- Excellent understanding of aerodynamic and structural design principles and practices.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems.
- Must be fluent in English and able to write reports.
- Ability to integrate in a dynamically evolving team.
- Composite structure design for light and flexible structures
- Aero-structure interaction
To apply, please send an introduction letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location Southern Italy or UK