ACT Blade Ltd develops and commercialises the ACT Blade technology, a game-changing lightweight wind turbine blade. At this stage, the company is developing its first product based on its patented technology.
ACT Blade is looking for a Composite Materials Engineer to support the commercial development of the ACT Blade technology. The role will involve material selection, qualification and testing as required for wind turbine blade manufacturing and certification. Experience of working with engineered textiles will be an advantage.
The candidate must have good attitude to carry out challenging tasks and be flexible with good communication skills and an entrepreneurial mentality.
As part of the ACT Blade R&D team, the Materials Engineer will be responsible for:
- Material Testing, both in house and with suppliers.
- Material qualification and certification of new and current materials.
- Quality control procedures for incoming materials.
- Production of test samples as required.
- Actively contributing to product development by participating in design and review meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a 5-years university or MSc equivalent in Materials Engineering.
- A minimum of three years experience in the composites industry.
- Working knowledge of test standards for composite materials, both static and fatigue.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems.
- Must be fluent in English and able to write reports.
- Ability to integrate in a dynamically evolving team.
- Experience in the Wind Turbine industry
- Knowledge of wind turbine leading edge protection.
- Experience in research and development of engineered textiles for outdoor applications.
- Experience of adhesive solutions for a range of applications.
To apply, please send an introduction letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Southern Italy or UK
Job Type: Full-time