Job Title: Composite workshop technician
Start date: Asap.
Salary: According to experience
ACT Blade Ltd develops and commercialises the ACT Blade technology, a lightweight wind turbine blade. At this stage, the company is developing the ACT Blade product. ACT Blade is looking for a composite work-shop technician.
Work within guidelines and procedures for production and custom product processes. Following quality procedures, processing, preparation of materials and mock-ups, packing and storage of product including paperwork and associated computer entries.
- Ensure the Company’s Health and Safety Policy is adhered to
- Running production as required. Inspect where appropriate
- Prepare and pack materials and prototypes as required including storing in appropriate areas
- Input the necessary items into the computer system
- Produce and store manufacturing samples
- Ensure all goods are properly marked, stored and logged on the system
- Perforating, slitting, heat seaming and cutting duties as required
- Co-ordinate and co-operate with other departments where appropriate
- Institute good housekeeping practices and clean areas
- Undertake stocktaking functions and provide information on stock at short notice
- Notify supervisor of potential hazards
- Ad hoc duties as required
Skills and Experience:
- Experience within a busy design and prototyping environment essential
- Well organised, confident, self-motivated individual with experience in a similar role
- A strong problem solver
- Good communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent timekeeping
- Experience in following processes
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience in Cutting or Laminating and/or knowledge of the Advanced Composites Industry.
- Experience of rapid prototyping using a range of materials, wood, GRP, Plastics and metals.
- Experience working with a range of hand and power tools to machine items, accurately and effectively
To apply, please send an introduction letter and your CV to Dr Donald MacVicar email@example.com.