ACT Blade Ltd develops and commercialises the ACT Blade technology, a game-changing lightweight wind turbine blade. We have reached the stage where our patented technology is ready deliver blades to the market and value to our customers.
This is a great opportunity to join our team and set new standards in Blade Manufacturing where ease of manufacture is at the heart of our company strategy. Working closely with a global energy supplier, we are developing a 50m blade for their re-powering market and are growing our teams in UK and Italy to deliver this game-changing product that will transform the way blades are manufactured.
We are expanding our digitalisation approach to run across the full value chain through design, procurement, manufacturing, logistics, installation, and service. Together with our component-based manufacturing approach, we can take ideas to market in a much-reduced product development time and support our ambition to slash product ramp-up times
ACT Blade is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer. The role will involve detailed design and analysis at both the global level and component and features of our blade’s components. Experience of working with composite materials and will be an advantage.
The candidate must have good attitude to carry out challenging tasks and be flexible with good communication skills and an entrepreneurial mentality.
As part of the ACT Blade R&D team, the Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for:
- Design and components development from concept through to manufacturing and test
- Develop manufacturing drawings and supporting documentation
- Provide an interface to the workshop for manufacturing enquiries
- Prototyping and functional testing of component, both in house and with suppliers.
- Prepare technical specifications
- Design bespoke sub-component tests and follow it through to testing and completion
- As required, perform structural analysis using analytical or advanced FEA packages
- Actively contributing to product development by participating in design and review meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a 5-years university or MSc equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in industry.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing methods for composite parts.
- Familiar with common CAD software packages. Preferably experience with Solidworks and/or Rhinoceros
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems.
- Must be fluent in English and able to write reports.
- Ability to integrate in a dynamically evolving team.
- Experience in the Wind Turbine industry.
- Experience in project planning and management towards time and cost
- Good working knowledge of structural design practices
- Experience of seeing projects through from concept design to commercial production
- Some experience in a programming language preferrable
To apply, please send an introduction letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Southern Italy or UK
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Based on experience