ACT Blade Ltd develops and commercialises the ACT Blade technology, a game-changing lightweight wind turbine blade. We have reached the stage where our patented technology is ready deliver blades to the market and value to our customers.
This is a great opportunity to join our team and set new standards in Blade Manufacturing where ease of manufacture is at the heart of our company strategy. Working closely with a global energy supplier, we are developing a 50m blade for their re-powering market and are growing our teams in UK and Italy to deliver this game-changing product that will transform the way blades are manufactured.
We are expanding our digitalisation approach to run across the full value chain through design, procurement, manufacturing, logistics, installation, and service. Together with our component-based manufacturing approach, we can take ideas to market in a much-reduced product development time and support our ambition to slash product ramp-up times.
ACT Blade is looking for a Manufacturing Development Engineer. As part of the Design Team, your role is pivotal in securing that our designs that are easy to build and to deliver robust and capable manufacturing processes for our products.
Knowledge and experience of both Composite Manufacturing and Design for Six Sigma (DfSS) are essential for this role. Previous experience of similar roles in the Blades industry will be extremely advantageous.
The candidate must have good attitude to carry out challenging tasks and be flexible with good communication skills and an entrepreneurial mentality.
As part of the ACT Blade Design team, the Manufacturing Development Engineer will be responsible for:
• Developing blades designs with a strong focus on Design for Manufacture (DfM)
• Delivering the Production Basis to define the whole manufacturing process
• Developing and delivering capable manufacturing processes for the whole blade build
• Standardisation of materials, parts, components, sub-assemblies, and products.
• Developing manufacturing technologies and supervising practical trials.
• Supervising the technical construction of prototypes to improve process & design
• Specify requirements for Jigs & Tooling
• Specify process requirements for Production Work Instructions
• Manage Technical Risks
• Contribute to the Product Life Cycle development and management.
• Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS/BEng) in Mechanical/ Aerospace/ Materials/ Marine/ Automotive Engineering. OR a quantifiable and traceable career development path that has led to equivalent positions in other reputable Blade manufacturing companies.
• A minimum of five years in a comparable engineering position with proven experience in DfM and manufacture of wind turbine blades demonstrating the skills needed to deliver the section above.
• Six-Sigma Green Belt in Operational or DfSS together with a minimum of two years practical experience.
• Working knowledge of the HSE requirements within blade manufacturing.
• Experience with the operation and use of PLM and manufacturing systems using commercial software commonly found in the blade industry.
• Excellent understanding of composite manufacturing principles and practices.
• Ability to work independently as well as within a dynamically evolving team
• Must be fluent in English and able to write reports.
• Black Belt in DfSS
• Working experience within the Dassault 3D Experience environment using Abaqus, Apriso, Catia and their PLM system.
• Experience of automated drawing and PWI production.
• A “Managing Health and Safety” or equivalent qualification
• Experience of taking at least two blade designs from concept through to manufacture in multiple factories.
To apply, please send an introduction letter and your CV to email@example.com
Location Southern Italy or UK
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Based on experience