ACT Blade Ltd develops and commercialises the ACT Blade technology, a game-changing lightweight wind turbine blade. Come and join our team and set new standards in Blade Manufacturing where ease of manufacture is at the heart of our company strategy.
We are developing a 50m blade and are growing our teams in UK and Italy to deliver this product that will transform the way blades are manufactured.
By employing our digitalisation approach together with our component-based manufacturing approach, we can take ideas to market in a much-reduced product development time and support our ambition to slash product ramp-up times.
ACT Blade is looking for a Manufacturing Development Engineer. As part of the Design Team, your role is pivotal in securing that our designs are easy to build and to deliver robust and capable manufacturing processes.
Knowledge and experience of both Composite Manufacturing and Design for Six Sigma (DfSS) are essential for this role. Previous experience of similar roles in the Blades industry will be extremely advantageous.
The candidate must have good attitude to carry out challenging tasks and be flexible with good communication skills and an entrepreneurial mentality.
As part of the ACT Blade Design team, the Manufacturing Development Engineer will be responsible for:
- Developing blades designs with a strong focus on Design for Manufacture (DfM).
- Delivering the Production Basis that defines the Blade manufacturing process.
- Developing technologies to deliver capable manufacturing processes.
- Standardisation of materials, parts, components, sub-assemblies and products.
- Supervising prototype construction to ensure practical questions are answered promptly and secure that the blade builds run smoothly.
- Specify requirements for Processes and Equipment.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, suppliers, and partners.
- Report progress to Executive Team.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS/BEng) in Mechanical/ Aerospace/ Materials/ Marine/ Automotive Engineering. OR a quantifiable and traceable career development path that has led to equivalent positions in other reputable Blade manufacturing companies.
- A minimum of five years in a comparable engineering position with proven experience in DfM and manufacture of wind turbine blades demonstrating the skills needed to deliver the section above.
- Six-Sigma Green Belt with a minimum of two years practical experience.
- Working knowledge of the HSE requirements within blade manufacturing.
- Experience with the operation and use of PLM and manufacturing systems using commercial software commonly found in the blade industry.
- Excellent understanding of composite manufacturing principles and practices.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Must be fluent in English and able to write reports.
- Black Belt in DfSS
- Working experience within the Dassault 3D Experience environment using Abaqus, Apriso, Catia and their PLM system.
- Experience of automated drawing and PWI production.
- Experience of taking at least two blade designs from concept through to manufacture in multiple factories.
To apply, please send an introduction letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location Southern Italy or UK
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Based on experience