ACT Blade Ltd develops and commercialises the ACT Blade technology, a game-changing lightweight wind turbine blade. The company has recently set their first blades on a testing turbine. At this stage, the company is developing its first product based on its patented technology.
ACT Blade is looking for a Composite Design Engineer. As part of the R&D team this role will be to develop the detailed design of our novel blade and develop further the in-house design process and practices for manufacturing.
The candidate must have good attitude to carry out challenging tasks and be flexible with good communication skills and an entrepreneurial mentality.
As part of the ACT Blade R&D team, the Composite Design Engineer will be responsible for:
- Detailed component design for the ACT Blade technology according to wind turbine industry standards to achieve certification against IEC 61400-5.
- Development of procedures and practices for design, manufacturing, and validation of ACT blade components.
- Develop drawings and other documentation require for production of the ACT Blade.
- Provide input on material selection and other design decisions.
- Supervising material tests and perform data processing.
- Carry out non-linear finite element analysis, as required
- Work with other team members, suppliers, and other parties to ensure manufacturability of designs
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a 5-years university or MSc equivalent in Mechanical/ Aerospace/ Material Engineering.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an engineering role.
- Knowledge and experience in:
- Composite materials and their properties
- Composite manufacturing
- Composite components testing
- Ability to design composites laminates using analytical and numerical tools
- Problems solving.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a dynamically evolving team
- Must be fluent in English and able to write reports.
- Good working knowledge of structural design practices
- Experience of Fluid Structure Interaction problems
- Experience in interacting with a variety of international project partners, suppliers, and customers
- Experience of seeing projects through from concept design to commercial production.
- Some experience in a programming language preferrable
To apply, please send an introduction letter and your CV.
Location: Southern Italy or UK
Job Type: Full-time
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org